- Unplug all USB devices including the dongle registration key
- Plug in the blue dongle registration key and wait for Windows to find it.
- Now open your Bytescribe software. If it opens and doesn't ask for registration information then you are done.
- If it still asking for registration then follow the next steps:
- Repeat the above steps trying each of the available USB ports on your computer.
- Uninstall the Bytescribe software from your computer and then go to www.bytescribe.com/download to get the latest versions
- Download the following Dongle Driver Install Wizard attached at the end of this FAQ.
- Save the install wizard to your Desktop or another folder where you can easily access the download
- If you have previously installed drivers for the dongle you will need to first "Uninstall" those drivers by running the Uninstall option of the Wizard
- When you have finished Uninstalling any previously installed Dongle Drivers then go back and run the Install Wizard again
- Here you will select the 1st Option - Keylok III (driverless) and then click "Begin Install"
- If Windows doesn't find the key when plugged in simply unplug the key and try a different USB port.
How do I install a new (blue) driverless Dongle Registration Key
Have more questions? Submit a request