Please review the steps below in order for your Bytescribe software to recognize the Dongle Registration Key.
- Unplug all USB devices including the dongle registration key.
- Plug in the USB Dongle Registration Key and wait for Windows to find it.
- Open your Bytescribe software. If it doesn't ask for registration information then you are done.
- If it still asking for registration information then follow the additional steps below.
- Make sure that the USB Dongle Registration Key is not inserted into the computer.
- Install the Dongle drivers from the following link: http://support.bytescribe.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/202368169/Dongle_Key_Install.exe.
- Insert the Dongle into a USB slot on your computer.
- The Found New Hardware Wizard should appear. Go through it, accepting all defaults.
Additionally, there may be other USB devices either preventing the drivers from loading properly or preventing Windows from recognizing the Dongle. Remove all other USB devices from your computer, restart it, and then follow the instructions above to reinstall the drivers. Then insert the Dongle and start your software before re-inserting any other USB devices.
Finally, the Dongle you have may not be for the software you are trying to register. For example, if you purchased a WavPlayer license with a Dongle, you cannot use that same Dongle to register DocShuttle Transcriptionist software (unless you specifically requested that DocShuttle Transcriptionist be added to the Dongle as well).
If you continue to have difficulty registering your software with your Dongle, please email email@example.com or call 844-292-4252.