There are two different ways to access more than one FTP site using DocShuttle. The first is to just change the settings each time you connect to a different site. This is not reccommended for several reasons:
- It's a pain to do
- There's a high risk of error when changing the settings, which can lead to probliems connecting or playing the files
- The files from the two different companies can mix (which violates HIPAA) or even overwrite one another.
The second, preferred method is to use two different installations of DocShuttle on the same computer. There is no additional charge to do this (since it's on the same computer), and it takes about 10 minutes to set up.
Instructions for DocShuttle Transcriptionist Version 6:
- You will need to create a second "Root data folder" for the data files for the second account. To do this, click "Tools | Settings" from the DocShuttle menu, then click the "Advanced" tab. Under the "Data folder" section, click the "View" button. Go "up" one folder in Windows (you should see the "DocShuttle Transcriptionist" folder). Create a new folder in windows for you second account (e.g. "DocShuttle Trans Folder2").
- Return to the "Settings" window and click the "Change" button under the "Data Folder" section. Select the new data folder you created in step 1. Click the "OK" button.
- Click the "OK" button in the "Settings" window. You will be warned about the data folder being changed. Click "Yes".
- Re-open the DocShuttle window by clicking the DocShuttle shortcut on your Desktop.
- Click "Tools | Settings" from the DocShuttle menu. Click the "Advanced" tab. Click the "View" button as before. Create a folder called "Templates" in the data folder.
- Click the "FTP" tab in the Settings window. Enter all the settings for the new account.
- Click the "Templates" tab and import or add any templates for the new account.
- Click "OK" to save settings.
When switching between accounts, you will need to click "Tools | Settings", then Advanced and change the Root Data Folder.
Instructions for DocShuttle Transcriptionist Version 5:
- Click on the Start menu and select My Computer. Find the drive labeled (C:) and double-click to open it. In there, find the folder named Program Files and double-click to open it. In that folder, find the folder named Bytescribe and double-click to open it.
- In the Bytescribe folder, find the folder named “DocShuttle Client”. Do not open the folder. Instead, right-click on the folder and select Copy from the menu that appears.
- In the white space of the window, right-click and choose Paste. This may take a few minutes, and will create a new folder named Copy of DocShuttle Client.
- Right-click on the name of the new folder and select Rename from the menu that appears. Then change the name of the new folder to reflect the name of the second company you will work for or second site you will be accessing.
- Double-click on the new folder (the one you just renamed) to open it. Inside the folder are a lot of other folders. Go into the ones named Documents, Headers, Voice, and all of the Type folders and delete any files in them. Do not delete the files in the Templates folder.
- Back in the new folder, find the file named “ftpbrowser” or “ftpbrowser.exe”. Right-click on it and select Create Shortcut from the menu that appears. This will create a new shortcut file.
- Drag the new shortcut to your desktop.
- Right-click on the new shortcut on your desktop, and select Rename. Change the name of the shortcut to reflect the name of the second company or site. There should now be two DocShuttle shortcuts on your desktop: the new one and the original one.
- Double-click on the new shortcut to open your second DocShuttle Transcriptionist. Click on the Tools menu, select Settings, and enter the connection information for your second company or site.
After you have both installations of DocShuttle working properly on your computer, you may still have files from one company mixed in with files from another. If so, make sure to go through and clean those files out, so that you only have files from one company in each DocShuttle installation.